Vietnam E-visa is a program available to some countries. This will remove the time you have to waste applying for a visa before entry into Vietnam. However, it’s not available to all the countries in the world.
Vietnam is a top destination for people who want a location that requires less budget for tourism and education. So, people knowing that they won’t spend much are now trooping into Vietnam for vacation, business and studies.
Normally, you need to visit the embassy or consulate when applying for a visa but with E-visa, you won’t need that again. You have to possess the requirements and traveling to another country will be very easy for you.
Documents requirements for Vietnam E-visa
Just like when you are applying for a normal visa, provide these documents for the E-visa application.
- International passport: scan the data page of your passport and two pages of the passport. This passport you are using must have at least 6 months validity
- Passport-sized photos: you need a photo with size of 4 x 6 cm and with white background. You have to be in the center of the picture and showing your true face with no strange expression. Any headgear you put on must be a religious one which you will also wear while entering Vietnam. Glasses are not allowed when snapping this picture.
Is my country eligible for Vietnam E-visa?
Do you want to know if your country is among those that can apply for e-visa when traveling to Vietnam? Then this is a list of countries that are eligible for this program.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
Other countries eligible for Vietnam E-visa
- Hong Kong
- North Macedonia
- Marshall Islands
New Zealand, Norway, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Samoa, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Timor-Leste, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela.
If you can find your country in the Above list then you will have to get an E-visa when traveling to Vietnam. However, not all entry airports will recognize your E-visa. So, this brings us to discuss some of the airports you should use when entering Vietnam with this type of visa.
International Airports accepting e-visa for entry
- Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)
- Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Da Nang International Airport
- Noi Bai Int Airport (Ha Noi)
- Phu Bai Int Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
- Tan Son Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi Minh City).
Land borders accepting e-visa
- Bo Y Landport
- Cha Lo Landport
- Cau Treo Landport
- Huu Nghi Landport
- Ha Tien Landport
- Lao Bao Landport
- Lao Cai Landport
- La Lay Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Mong Cai Landport
- Nam Can Landport
- Na Meo Landport
- Song Tien Landport
- Tinh Bien Landport
- Tay Trang Landport
- Xa Mat Landport.
Seaports accepting E-visa for entry
- Chan May Seaport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Duong Dong Seaport
- Hon Gai Seaport
- Hai Phong Seaport
- Nha Trang Seaport
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Ho Chi Minh City Seaport
- Vung Tau Seaport.
How to Apply for a Vietnamese E-visa online
Follow this simple guide to apply for Vietnam E-visa online without the need of an agent.
- Open the online application portal for Vietnam online visa.
- Provide all the documents you need for this application including your passport and passport-sized photos.
- Fill the application form and provide answers to all the questions on your travel purposes. Make sure your name and the name on your documents match including the age, date of birth, entry and departure details. And remember to review all the information you provide here to avoid misspelling and invalid information.
- Make payment for visa application. This is around $25 and it should be through credit/debit card.
- Wait for visa processing which will take about 3 days and 5 days in some cases
- You can track your Vietnam E-visa online to know about the decision in this application.
- When the visa is approved, print it in a PDF format into two copies. This document is what you present to the immigration officer at any of the points of entries above.
What if my E-visa expires?
The process of extending this type of visa when it expires is not straightforward since different laws apply to different countries. However, if you are already in Vietnam, you have the chance to speak with immigration officers before your visa expires.
Alternatively, you can leave the country and re-enter again with another E-visa. This method is easy if you have verified that there’s no extension available for your country and you wish to remain in Vietnam.
Is an E-visa the same as a visa on arrival?
There is a clear difference between the two forms of entry documents.
Visa on arrival requires the traveler to get a pre-approval letter which they will travel with then receive a visa stamp letter. An E-visa on the other hand is an actual visa that will give you entry into Vietnam without another type of stamp. However, when traveling to Vietnam with a visa on arrival, you still need to wait at the immigration counter when you arrive at the airport. They will then determine the type of visa to stamp in your passport.
Frequently asked questions
Is Vietnam issuing E-visa?
Vietnam is issuing e visas to many countries who qualify for it. Travelers will now have to enter the country easily by applying online.
How much is Vietnam E-visa?
It costs around $25 to acquire this type visa and it takes only 3 to 5 business days.
Can I extend my Vietnamese E-visa?
It won’t be easy to extend this type of visa unless you are from certain countries that are eligible for this. However, you only have the option to leave the country before this visa expires.
Vietnam E-visa is a simple type of short-term visa which you can acquire online without going to the embassy. This visa is mainly for tourists and people who intend to visit Vietnam and won’t stay for long. Also, Those holding this type of visa are not allowed to work in the country.